Maximum Strength Cough Suppressant & Expectorant
For fast relief of:
Coughing & Chest Congestion
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Price per bottle: $7.99 USD
Liquid 4 FL OZ (118ml)
• FAST RELIEF: Fast-acting cough syrup with cough suppressant (dextromethorphan hydrobromide) and expectorant (guaifenesin) for chest congestion relief.
• SUGAR-FREE: Sugar-free cough syrup with no added sugars.
• PLEASANT TASTE: Guaifenesin/dextromethorphan syrup with a pleasant, soothing peppermint flavor and taste.
• ALCOHOL-FREE: Alcohol-free cough syrup that can be used by almost everyone.
• AGES 12 AND UP: Guaifenesin expectorant/cough suppressant liquid for ages 12 and up.
Since 1956, Scot-Tussin has been an innovator in the formulation of sugar-free and alcohol-free cough syrup medications. All of the company’s products can be used by typical and diabetic consumers, as well as those who may have hypertension, heart disease, and/or celiac disease. As a result, Scot-Tussin cough suppressant and guaifenesin expectorant products have received recommendations from generations of doctors and pharmacists for providing effective cough and chest congestion relief. S.G. Scotti, the company’s founder and a diabetic himself, coined the phrase “sugar-free” in the 1950s. In addition, the formulations are free of alcohol, gluten, lactose, sodium, and dye.
Scot-Tussin Senior Liquid Cough Syrup contains two active ingredients: guaifenesin, for chest congestion relief, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide, a potent cough suppressant. Each 10 mL dose (2 teaspoons) of this cough syrup contains 400 mg of guaifenesin and 30 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide. The recommended dosage of this guaifenesin/dextromethorphan syrup is 10 mL (2 teaspoons) every 6 hours, not to exceed 4 doses in a 24-hour period.
Speak with your physician before taking this cough syrup if you have:
• Persistent or chronic cough associated with smoking, asthma, or COPD
• Cough productive of excessive amounts of phlegm (mucus)
• Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• Thyroid disease
Additionally, pregnant or breast-feeding (nursing) women should avoid using this cough suppressant/chest congestion relief medication. Individuals with phenylketonuria (PKU) should also avoid using this cough syrup, as each teaspoon contains 2.5 mg phenylalanine. Furthermore, discontinue use of this expectorant/cough suppressant medication and consult a physician if cough persists longer than 7 days or is accompanied by fever, skin rash, or persistent headache, as these could be signs of a serious life-threatening condition.Ingredients
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 15 mg
Purpose: Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin USP 200 mg
Inactive ingredients: aspartame* (see warning), benzoic acid, citric acid, glycerin, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, menthol, methyl-paraben, clear peppermint stick flavor, propyl-paraben, propylene glycol, purified water.
• helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive thereby relieving chest congestion.
Do not use:
• more than the recommended dosage.
• if drowsiness occurs do not drive or operate machinery.
• if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• a chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
• difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
• a cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
• thyroid disease.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, Do Not Use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
• this product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
Adults and children over 12 years old
2 teaspoons (2 tsp. equal to 10 mL) every 6 hours
Children under 12 years old
DO NOT USE
• each teaspoon contains Phenylalanine 7.5 mg.
• store at 20˚- 25˚ C (68˚- 77˚ F).
• do not refrigerate.
• dosage cup provided.