Effective Mucous Breakdown
For fast relief of:
Price per bottle: $7.99 USD
Liquid 4 FL OZ (118ml)
• FAST RELIEF: Fast-acting cough syrup with guaifenesin (expectorant) to break up mucus for superior cold/chest congestion relief.
• SUGAR-FREE: Sugar-free cough syrup with no added sugars, making for an extraordinarily effective chest congestion medicine.
• PLEASANT TASTE: Guaifenesin syrup with a pleasant grape taste.
• ALCOHOL-FREE: Alcohol-free cough syrup containing guaifenesin that can be used by almost everyone.
• AGES 12 AND UP: Expectorant cough syrup ideal for ages 12 and up.
Since 1956, Scot-Tussin has been an innovator in the formulation of cough syrup medications, leading the way with our sugar-free and alcohol-free cough syrup products which can be used by typical and diabetic consumers, as well as those who have experienced or currently have hypertension, heart disease, and/or celiac disease. As a result, Scot-Tussin cough suppressant and guaifenesin liquid products have received recommendations from generations of doctors and pharmacists. S.G. Scotti, the company’s founder and a diabetic himself, coined the phrase “sugar-free” in the 1950s. In addition, the formulations are free of gluten, lactose, sodium, and dye.
Scot-Tussin Expectorant Liquid Cough Syrup contains the active ingredient guaifenesin, a powerful chest congestion medicine. The guaifenesin expectorant relieves chest congestion by loosening phlegm (mucus) and making coughs more productive. Each 10 mL dose (2 teaspoons) of this cough syrup contains 200 mg of guaifenesin. As a result, this expectorant cough syrup is able to provide fast relief from cold/chest congestion, providing the ideal chest congestion medicine for ages 12 and up. The recommended dosage of this guaifenesin syrup is 10 mL (2 teaspoons) every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period.
Speak with your physician before taking this guaifenesin expectorant if you have:
• Persistent or chronic cough associated with smoking, asthma, or COPD
• Cough productive of excessive amounts of phlegm (mucus)
Additionally, pregnant or breast-feeding (nursing) women should avoid using this cough syrup medication. Individuals with phenylketonuria (PKU) should also avoid using this sugar-free cough syrup, as each teaspoon contains 2.5 mg phenylalanine. Furthermore, discontinue use of this guaifenesin syrup and consult a physician if cough persists longer than 7 days or is accompanied by fever, skin rash, or persistent headache, as these could be signs of a serious life-threatening condition.Ingredients
Guaifenesin USP 100 mg
Inactive ingredients: aspartame* (see warning), benzoic acid, citric acid, clear grape flavor, glycerin, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, menthol, methyl-paraben, propyl-paraben, propylene glycol, purified water.
• *Phenylketoneurics: Contains Phenylalanine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• a Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
• a Chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, Do Not Use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period.
• this product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
Adults and children over 12 years old
2 teaspoons (2 tsp. equal to 10 mL) every 4 hours
Children under 12 years old
DO NOT USE
• each teaspoon contains Phenylalanine 2.5 mg.
• store at 20˚- 25˚ C (68˚- 77˚ F).
• do not refrigerate.
• dosage cup provided.