Maximum Strength Cough Suppressant & Cold Relief
For fast relief of:
Coughing, Itchy Eyes, Runny Nose
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Chlorpheneramine Maleate (Antihistamine)(Cold Relief)
Price per bottle: $7.99 USD
Liquid 4 FL OZ (118ml)
• FAST RELIEF: Fast-acting cough syrup with cough suppressant (dextromethorphan hydrobromide) and antihistamine (chlorpheniramine maleate) for superior cold relief.
• SUGAR-FREE: Cold relief with no added sugars, which allows it to be diabetic friendly.
• PLEASANT TASTE: Chlorpheniramine maleate liquid with a pleasant cherry-strawberry flavor.
• ALCOHOL-FREE: Alcohol-free cough syrup that can be used by almost everyone.
• AGES 12 AND UP: Cold relief with an effective cough suppressant ideal for ages 12 and up.
Since 1956, Scot-Tussin has been an innovator in the formulation of sugar-free diabetic cough syrup and alcohol-free cough syrup medications. All of the company’s products can be used by typical and diabetic consumers, as well as those who may have other conditions such as heart disease, celiac disease, and/or hypertension. As a result, Scot-Tussin cough suppressant and cold relief products have received recommendations from generations of doctors and pharmacists. S.G. Scotti, the company’s founder and a diabetic himself, coined the phrase “sugar-free” in the 1950s. In addition, the formulations are free of gluten, lactose, sodium, and dye.
Scot-Tussin DM Cough Syrup contains the active ingredient dextromethorphan hydrobromide, a potent dry cough suppressant. The other active ingredient in the formulation, chlorpheniramine maleate, is an antihistamine, which has other cold relief properties, such as relieving itchy eyes, runny nose and scratchy throat.
Each 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of this cough syrup contains 30 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide and 4 mg of chlorpheniramine maleate, respectively. As a result, this chlorpheniramine-containing cough syrup is a cough suppressant liquid capable of providing fast relief from cold/upper respiratory (URI) symptoms, providing the ideal cough suppressant with cold relief for ages 12 and up. The dosage providing cough and cold relief is 10 mL (2 teaspoons) every 6 hours, not to exceed 4 doses in a 24-hour period.
This dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine maleate syrup may cause drowsiness, and alcohol and sedatives may increase that effect. Speak with your physician before taking this medication if you have:
• Persistent or chronic cough such as one that occurs with smoking, asthma, or COPD
• Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• Thyroid disease
Additionally, pregnant or breast-feeding (nursing) women should avoid using this cough syrup medication.Ingredients
Chlorpheniramine Maleate USP 2mg
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 15 mg
Purpose: Cough Suppressant
Inactive ingredients: citric acid, clear cherry-strawberry flavor, glycerin, ammonium glycyrrhizate, hydroxyethylcellulose, menthol, methyl-paraben, potassium benzoate, propyl-paraben, propylene glycol, purified water.
• temporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing, itching of the nose and throat, and itchy watery eyes due to upper respiratory symptoms.
Do not use:
• more than the recommended dosage.
• if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
• difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
• thyroid disease.
When using this product:
• may cause drowsiness. Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect. Avoid Alcoholic beverages while taking this product. If you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, consult your doctor before taking this medicine. Use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, Do Not Use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
• this product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
Adults and children over 12 years old
2 teaspoons (2 tsp. equal to 10 mL) every 6 hours
Children under 12 years old
DO NOT USE
• store at 20˚- 25˚ C (68˚- 77˚ F).
• do not refrigerate.
• dosage cup provided.