Cough Suppressant Formula
For fast relief of:
Dry Hacking Cough
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Price per bottle: $7.99 USD
Liquid 4 FL OZ (118ml)
• FAST RELIEF: Fast-acting cough syrup with dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant) provides superior relief of dry cough.
• SUGAR-FREE: Cough suppressant liquid serving as a diabetic cough syrup with no significant effect on blood sugar (diabetic friendly).
• ALCOHOL-FREE: Alcohol-free cough syrup that can be used by almost everyone.
• PLEASANT TASTE: Dry cough suppressant without the unpleasant taste; cherry-strawberry flavor.
• AGES 12 AND UP: Effective cough suppressant ideal for ages 12 and up.
Since 1956, Scot-Tussin has been an innovator in the formulation of sugar-free and alcohol-free cough syrup (cough suppressant) medications. All Scot-Tussin products can be used by typical and diabetic consumers, as well as other special needs populations (e.g., heart disease, celiac disease, and/or hypertension). As a result, Scot-Tussin cough suppressant products have received recommendations from generations of doctors and pharmacists. S.G. Scotti, the company’s founder and a diabetic himself, coined the phrase “sugar-free” in the 1950s. Besides being sugar-free, the formulations are also free of gluten, lactose, sodium, and dye.
Scot-Tussin Diabetes Cough Syrup contains the active ingredient dextromethorphan hydrobromide (HBr), a powerful cough suppressant. Each 10 mL dose (2 teaspoons) of this cough syrup contains 20 mg Dextromethorphan HBr. As a result, this sugar-free/diabetic cough syrup is a cough suppressant liquid capable of temporarily calming a dry cough resulting from minor throat or airway irritation. Therefore, Scot-Tussin Diabetes Cough Syrup is the ideal cough suppressant solution for adults and children ages 12 and up seeking relief from a dry, hacking cough. The dosage for this sugar-free cough syrup is 10 mL (2 teaspoons) every 4 hours, and should not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period.
Speak with your physician before taking this medication if you have:
• Persistent or chronic cough, such as those caused via smoking, asthma, or COPD
• Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• Thyroid disease
• Cough productive of excessive phlegm (mucus)
Additionally, pregnant or breast-feeding (nursing) women should avoid using this dextromethorphan liquid cough syrup medication. Furthermore, discontinue use of this diabetic cough syrup and consult a physician if cough persists longer than 7 days or is accompanied by fever, skin rash, or persistent headache, as these could be signs of a serious life-threatening condition.Ingredients
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 10 mg
Purpose: Cough Suppressant
Inactive ingredients: ammonium glycyrrhizate, citric acid, clear cherry-strawberry flavor, glycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, menthol, methyl-paraben, potassium benzoate, propyl-paraben, propylene glycol, purified water.
• more than the recommended dosage.
• if drowsiness occurs, do not drive or operate machinery.
• if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• a chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
• difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
• thyroid disease.
• a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, Do Not Use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period.
• this product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
Adults and children over 12 years old
2 teaspoons (2 tsp. equal to 10 mL) every 4 hours
Children under 12 years old
DO NOT USE
• store at 20˚-25˚ C (68˚-77˚ F).
• do not refrigerate.
• dosage cup provided.